Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm never as good as when you're there.

I'm going through a musical transformation of sorts.  It happens to me every few years where I rediscover a different side of myself and fall deeply in love with the art of music and musicianship so much so that I feel like I can't stand it anymore.  Lost in a trance, I'm reminded of a quote from one of my favourite movies of all time, Almost Famous, where Band-Aid Saphhire describes love of music actually quite perfectly.

"they don't even know what it is to be a fan.  you know, to truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band...so much that it hurts."

I totally get that.

What I'm listening to right now that's got me in this mood.
Metric - All Yours
Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
The Entire Temper Trap Album

No comments:

Post a Comment