Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's Official - I'm Breaking Up with Grey's Anatomy

I'll tell you what I don't give a shit about anymore - Grey's Anatomy. I was a loyal and faithful fan for six years, relishing each moment, even after my umpteenth viewing of an episode. But when they tried to fill the void left by T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl's departures with uninspiring new faces, I got so very annoyed and lost a little of that emotional connection with the cast.

But, in the iconic words of Michael Coreleone, "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in." The gripping, edge-of-your-seat, masterpiece of last year's season finale managed to 'clean house', (basically killing off some of the new characters no one liked) filled with intrigue, suspense, romance, and drama, like a classic Grey's episode used to be. But here we are at the end of Season 7, and it's fizzled once again. I hardly watched half the season before becoming so excruciatingly bored with it. There's really only so much time one has to watch TV (although I'm a bit of an exception). Time is precious and you have to fill it with what's important. So as much as it hurts me to do it (especially to McSteamy), I have to say this. It's over, we're done. - But let's face it, it's you, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment