Sunday, March 14, 2010

How To Make It In America Episode 5

Ok, well after watching that episode, I've still got mixed feelings about it. I don't know if it may be trying too hard to be hip and cool, or if it actually is pulling it off.

First off, Rachel and her annoying yuppie boyfriend need to break up already. Watching them high on Ecstacy and seeing him make out with a guy just makes it easier for the audience to see the obvious - that Rachel is supposed to end up with Ben...duh!

And of course the best part of the episode was definitely when Ben's jeans are rejected by the Japanese designer and the boys finally get their big break where it should have been all along - in Ben's super-cool t-shirt designs.

I hope the show gets better - not sure if enough happens in each episode for me to want to keep watching. I vote for eliminating the Rene storyline. As a huge mob movie and wiseguy fan, Rene is more like joke than someone everyone seems to be scared of. Maybe that's the point, I don't know. I guess we'll see. Bryan Greenberg is super hot though.

No comments:

Post a Comment